Glenlyn Academy’s Acting & Singing course allows students to develop as pure actors and singers. Students take three to four classes a week (dependent on age & standard). Students receive individual classes in Singing and Vocal Technique.
The course is structured as follows:
- Level 1 Students take three classes a week in Musical Theatre, Acting and Singing & Vocal Technique.
- Level 2 Students take three classes a week in Musical Theatre, Acting, Singing & Vocal Technique.
- Level 3 Students take four classes a week in Musical Theatre, Acting, Singing & Vocal Technique and Contextual Studies.
Students on the Acting & Singing course cover:
- Fundamental techniques of singing and acting
- Solo singing classes to develop strong and confident vocal technique
- Group exercises, drama games and improvisation
- Script work and the ability to bring text to life on stage
- Understanding and developing characters
- A deep understanding of performance
- Technical exercises that improve singing and acting technique
- Exploring the use of voice and body through vocal and physical exercises
- Advanced students take Contextual Studies classes introducing them to the fundamental theories of acting
All students enrolled on to the Acting & Singing course are given the opportunity to perform in Glenlyn Academy’s two showcases every year and are entered for examinations with LAMDA (London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art). Advanced students also take part in a full-scale musical in the Spring term.
Senior students receive career and development advice to allow them to make a seamless transition into further and higher education and training.
Parents receive verbal feedback on their child’s development every term and a written report every year.